Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Pregnancy Checklist

Soon to be Mom's need to have checklist or a guide for the preparation of their D-Day. We need to list down all the things and must be done prior delivery so we wont forget a thing. During pregnancy one of the symptoms you may experience if being forgetful. A guide or a list is a must have for you not to miss a single thing. Better be prepared and ready than blaming yourself in the end. Planning ahead is really important not just only for birthing but also for every aspects of our life.

Photo Credit: Photo Credit: http://www.notts-fire.gov.uk/Images/Home_safety_check.jpg


Must be done prior delivery...
  • Prenatal Check-ups -  I ensure that i have been coordinated with my OB-Gyn of my monthly scheduled check-up. Monitoring your baby is really important. We want to make sure that she/he is a healthy and a strong baby. 
  • Sugar Test or Glucose Challenge Test - done between 24 to 28 weeks of pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes. I am on my 24th week this coming Monday and i have been preparing for this procedure already. My OB-Gyn advice me to have a healthy diet a week before i take the test. So Mommies, prior taking this test make sure to avoid and lessen your sugar intake. 
  • Filing my SSS Maternity Notification - Since i am not employed i need to file my SSS Maternity Notification on my own. I have been planning to file this ever since i discovered I'm pregnant but i didn't have time. I just made an online notification instead. I know that this is also very important. I make sure that my SSS is still active for me to claim my maternity benefits in the future.
  • 4D Scans/Ultrasound - this tests is really optional. If you do have a budget you can avail this test. I believe this is quite expensive but since i am a first time mom i am very much excited and been planning to have a 4D scan. Every Mom is curious on what their baby's look like right? ;)I am planning to take this test on my 28th week to acquire the best facial image of my little one. I have also researched the best 4D clinic in advance. You must consider the quality, services and pricing of a clinic you're planning to have a scan.
  • Shopping for Baby's Stuff - I wanted to make sure of the gender of my baby so i need to have 4D scans prior purchasing stuffs for her. We don't know, maybe my OB-Gyn is wrong about the gender of my baby so i wanted to make sure of it prior buying stuffs. Anybody can commit mistakes so better be prepared of this unforeseen situation. You might be surprise your really having a boy instead of a girl right? :) Make sure you wont splurge in buying stuffs, and promise to control yourself co'z I'm pretty sure the moment you see those cutie little things for your baby you would end up buying stuffs that you wont notice your baby wont be needing it at all. Focus on what's important and needed for your baby. Make a list prior shopping and stick to your budget.
  • Hospital Visit/ Ocular Inspection - I am also planning to have a visit at  Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Manila. This is where i am going to give birth. I want to make sure that all their facilities where okay especially their rooms. We wanted to have a smooth delivery so you must be aware of the place where you planned to give birth so wont get lost and panic on your D-Day.
  • Prepare your Phil health and SSS Forms- You will be needing this forms in the hospital so make sure you have this with you during D-Day. 

That sums up my to-do lists. Mommies, being organized and prepared is a good thing. Prevent the hassle and rush during the important day of your life. Also, you need to relax, focus and eat healthy and right for your baby. The new chapter of your life is waiting for you and for sure it will be more fun and adventure! 

Have a Happy Day Mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment