Thursday, November 12, 2015

24 Weeks - Pregnancy

I am on my 24th week already, Hooray! Few more weeks to go and i will be holding my little bundle of joy. I can't wait for that day to happen. Maybe, some of us are a little bit worried and distressed when our due date is getting nearer and nearer especially to those first-time mom's like me. I admit, me too is a little bit afraid and that is normal. Just think on the bright side and be positive, always! Tell your self all the time that you can do it! This responsibility will not be given to you if God thinks you can't do it. Don't overthink, enjoy the rest of your pregnancy period, communicate with your baby as she for sure could hear your beautiful voices. Just relax and everything will be alright. ;)

24 Weeks Bump

Pre-Natal Check up...

I just had my check up yesterday, 11 Nov 2015. It was my 5th appointment already. And guess what? My baby girl is growing and getting bigger. Her size doubled (with extra) from her previous weight/scan. My Ob Gyn was laughing and telling me what did i eat for the past 4 weeks?! *Lol* But she said it was just normal since the baby is trying to reach her normal weight gain and it was during 2nd trimester the baby gets bigger faster. Baby was awake during my ultrasound and she was so active. I eat small snack before my scan so that baby will be awake. She's the cutest! She was kicking, punching, playing around inside my tummy. Knowing that my baby girl is healthy, strong and take note, Heavy *lol* makes me happy and feel relieved. I know a lot of moms can relate with me. We always want our baby to be safe and happy. Sometimes we get so paranoid of what is she doing or is she okay in our tummy, so every time i have my prenatal check -up, that's where i reassured myself that i am doing a great job. I am so happy to share this good news with my husband. :)

Tetanus Toxiod Vaccination...

After my ultrasound, my OB-Gyn also vaccinated me with Tetanus Toxiod (TT), a safe vaccine given to a pregnant woman to prevent the risk of tetanus to you as well as your unborn baby. According to my research, Tetanus is life-threatening bacterial disease that is caused by the toxin of bacterium called Clostridium tetani. Tetanus bacteria enter the body through an open wound. Also tetanus infection is more common when there is a deep puncture wound such as bite, it may be caused by a tiny prick or scratch on the skin. 

This vaccine should be given in two doses,  my first shot is due on my 24th week (was given 11-11-15) and the next dose will be given on my 32 weeks(01-04-16). It is given through intramuscular shot and you will feel slight heaviness in your forearm, just do hot compress at home afterwards. So, mommies out there, make sure you had your shot already prior birthing. Better be safe than sorry. :)

Until here Mommies, will share you next time my pregnancy stories... 

Have a Happy Day!






No comments:

Post a Comment