Monday, January 11, 2016

Preparing for Delivery Day...

When you're nearing D-day, you have a lot of things in mind that is bothering you. Good night sleep no more! There are hindrances during night time like, super intense urge to pee, thinking about the delivery day, heartburn, even hot flashes, and the stronger kicks of your little kicker and more of it.

I have been doing checklist to organize things prior D-day (click on the link: Pregnancy Checklist) So far, i have already done most of it. I just need to check few stuffs that are not in my lists, some errands that need to attend to since my husband is away i need to check that everything is fine. The reason also why i'm doing all of these in advance is because i want to give all my attention to my baby when she comes out. I want to be there with her 24/7 or every time and every moment she needs me. Now, i'm busy on my checklist on what to pack on my hospital bag and other things that need to attend to prior birthing. I marked my calendar that on my 34th week i need to get ready of everything. Better be prepared in advance so i will never forget a single thing. My husband is not here to double check everything and that saddens me. :( He will not be able to experience this with me. I imagined him holding my hands during D-day, praying, watching me and cheering me to push hard during labor and to cry with me when baby's out already. :( But cut those imaginations, i'll be more focus on the brighter and positive side. I know all the reasons why he is not with me and i fully understand it. Though he's far away i know in my heart that he's trying his best and effort to become a good husband and soon to be daddy for our little one and i am always thankful for him for providing for us. Well, enough of the drama and let's proceed on lists of my prepping checklist.
  • First, get ready of the documents needed prior birthing such as, admission order from your doctor/OB-gyn, forms such as SSS/Philhealth for hospital discounts. HMO Card if you have one, Birthing Plans/Options, Medical Records ( make sure to organize all your medical reports, from your first ultrasound/check ups/laboratory results to present. Put in one organizer or a folder)
  • Assign a person you trusted to take control/in-charge with the bills and payments in the hospital and for some medicines to buy during labor. 
  • Emotional support during D-day is very important. During my hospital tour at Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital i inquired if they allow someone inside the delivery room, and they said yes, with the approval of course of your OB.  Also, seek help from your families (both sides) for sure they will all be happy to be there for you to support you all the way.
  • Prepare your hospital bag. On my 34th week i promise to have this ready. Since i'm almost done buying baby stuffs i think its time to think on what to bring to the hospital during labor. ( i will post the complete list of my hospital bag once finalized. :)
  • Lastly, Pray Pray Pray for your safe delivery and your baby. He (God) is the only one in control of everything, so seek guidance and protection and pray harder for a successful delivery. 
Hope this helps a bit, Mommies! Stay happy and for my co-preggos out there, stay healthy and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy as for sure we will all miss it! Let's embrace the so-called, Motherhood!

Thanks again for wasting your time, Mommies!


No comments:

Post a Comment