Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Visita Iglesia in Quezon City

One of the Lenten traditions of Catholics is the Visita Iglesia the visitation of the seven churches, sometimes 14 churches or more. This practice is usually done during evening of Holy Thursday. Few years ago we started this tradition with my siblings and it's like our routine every Holy Week. I was not able to do this for 2 years already due to motherhood reasons. But this time i made it with my plus one, with my daughter. It was exciting and challenging this time since I have my toddler with me. Visiting different churches,doing the the Stations of the Cross, beating the heat and also take note of the crowd during the Visita Iglesia. Can you imagine the stress Julian just experieced? I'm feeling guilty but in a good way. Trust me once you finish the visitation you will feel so clean not literally clean but it's like your being cleansed from your sins but seriously speaking you also need to confess all your wrong doings guys. ;) I'm just so glad I have the best company and good thing Julian behaved well. She was not able to rest and have proper naps because she was also curious of what we are doing and that I consider her "little sacrifice". I am so happy i get to expose Julian into something like this. At her early age I want her to know who Jesus is and what are the things he sacrificed for us to be save from all of our sins. I really want her to be a good person who likes to pray and kind to others.

The 7 Churches we visited last Holy Thursday | Quezon City Bound
  • St. Pio Chapel, Libis QC

Carrying our own cross at St. Pio Chapel 
In St. Pio Chapel, we did the stations of the cross. I was surprised that they have provided a cross that every people needs to carry during the way of cross. (Look at my niece Gaby, carrying her own cross too.) It feels like your really experiencing what Jesus had been trough while carrying our own crosses. Please take note of the proper attire during church visit. Slippers/Sandals are not allowed. My sister was wearing a sandal and she was not allowed to do the stations of the cross if she's not gonna take off her sandals. She had no choice but to to do it barefoot. ๐Ÿ˜ซ
  • Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Shrine, New Manila QC


The Holy Squad | Baby is knocked-out ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sto. Niรฑo de Violago Church, E. Rodriguez QC
Photo taken outside of the Sto. Niรฑo de Violago Church

First time to see an image of  of Mama Mary breastfeeding baby Jesus. She is called as "Nuestra Seรฑora de la Leche y Buen Parto ( Our Lady of Milk and Happy Delivery) I feel so blessed and so thankful because i get to breastfeed my baby up to now. ๐Ÿ‘

The Altar

Again, the Holy Squad ๐Ÿ‘ช๐Ÿ‘ซ๐Ÿ‘ถ
  • Christ the King Church, E.Rodriguez QC
The Altar
  • Immaculate Concepcion Cathedral, Lantana St. Cubao, QC
The beautiful Altar and Ceiling of Diocese of Cubao

  • St. John the Apostle Church, Timog Ave. Cor. Mother Ignacia St. Diliman QC

The Altar
  • Sto. Domingo Church, Quezon Ave., QC
The Altar
That sums up our church visit. It was tiring but fulfilling at the same time. Holy week is not only the time for us to reflect and pray. We have all the time if we will just pause for a while. All praises to Our Lord God, Savior, the ONE who free us from all our sins for everything he have sacrifice for us to be saved. Let us ask His forgiveness and being sorry for the sins that we have committed. We should pray not only for ourselves but for others as well. Praying should not be selfish. Praying is not only for personal intentions. If we pray, we pray for everyone. Trust me, you will be bless ๐Ÿ‘

Hope you all spent your holy week with God and with your loved ones. Until next time. ๐Ÿ˜


Ann ๐Ÿ’‹

No comments:

Post a Comment